Great Success!

I finished the tester purse today and I am pleased with the result although there are a few changes I need to make on the next, actual purse.  The top flap does not line up correctly with the body of the purse because I did not mark the seam allowance lines and apparently sewed them at different widths.  Using Corn Flakes box cardboard worked well rather than chipboard, whatever that is, to give it structure, and the button size is perfect with the frog closure.  It took several hours to make, and I expect the next one to be quicker and smoother, especially if I enlist the help of Boyfriend for the menial tasks like cutting out fabric and ironing on fusible interfacing.  I took the clutch with me to Jason’s Deli for dinner and it looked great, especially from a distance, and not at all like something that an unskilled person threw together in crafts class at summer camp as I had feared.

Great success!

Advertisements

October 30, 2006. Words.

Leave a Comment

Be the first to comment!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Trackback URI

%d bloggers like this: