Tetris quilt is done, for reals!

standing on the couch to display it I will use it as a cape delicious nerd quilt I made this here quilt closeup2 close up1

I finally finished my Tetris quilt this afternoon. For a couple weeks all it needed was the edges to be hemmed and I avoided doing it for no particular reason. I took care of that today, so now it is complete. Pieced together, sandwiched with all three layers, quilted to stitch the layers together, and finished all around the edges. Quilt: complete. I think I will wear it as a cape.

Update: yes, at some point I’ll get around  to reposting the pictures in a size other than gigantic.

Update 2: The quilt is about 50″ x 72″.  Individual squares are 4″ finished.

Update 3: I made another one with an all new design, Tetris Quilt 2.0.

Advertisements

February 11, 2007. Tags: , , . Pictures, Projects, Words.

28 Comments

1. ZoeJane replied:

Not a cape! They get caught in propellers!

I am really digging the quilt. 🙂

2. Turrean replied:

Wow! Absolutely stunning!

3. futuregirl replied:

I love it! I was a huge tetris junky back in the day when you had to go to the bowling alley arcade to play it. 🙂 I love that you made the board so you can get a tetris. What a way to start the sweet dreams every night. 🙂

4. kristin replied:

Oh my gosh, I am so in love with this. Amazing work!

5. admin replied:

Full disclosure: most of the design was done by my boyfriend. (www.steveswink.com.) I made a few suggestions and small changes, but the credit for the game pattern goes to him.

6. Level Select » Staying warm in winter just went Retro! replied:

[…] Over at Rabbit Style News I came across what I believe to be the best Tetris related thing i’ve ever seen! So I had to share it with you all! […]

7. Deadly Computer Blog » Tetris Quilt replied:

[…] read more {MAKE} Share and Enjoy: These icons link to social bookmarking sites where readers can share and discover new web pages. […]

8. tec.nologia.com: tecnología, diseño y cacharros » Colcha Tetris replied:

[…] rebbitstyle […]

9. The Great Geek Manual » Tetris Quilt replied:

[…] Source: Rabbit Style News […]

10. iSaac replied:

Wow, thanks to StumbleUpon, I have “stumbled” upon your glorious ork of art.
    Really though, thats a very neat quilt. I am impressed. Not just at the design and inspiration, but the quality of work as well. You should be proud of yourself.

PEACE
    ISAAC

11. iSaac replied:

ork of art?!?!??! SPELLCHECK!!!
    my self-editing skills have indeed LOST…..

12. Amber replied:

This is so awesome!!! I love it.
    Great job, it looks fantastic!

13. Not Impressed replied:

that’s hideous!!!!

14. me replied:

ha. that’s awesome. you should sell them.

15. JAVI replied:

YEA I “stumbled” here too…. nice job!!

16. Michael Terry replied:

I’m interested in these posts of yours with pictures. However, it takes approximately 37 1/2 minutes to download your blogs when you include them. Any way you could compress them? Also, could you go back and fix all the ‘what I wore to work’ ones, too. I gave up on those really fast, which is a shame because the whole way I found this site in the first place is because I wanted to see some examples of pencil skirts.

17. Katie replied:

Hey! GREAT idea, my mom can do some quilting and I am going to show her, she might try it for me, or teach me how, see, I wanna quilt,cross stitch and make hook rugs… sooo hard because internet tutorials arent that good lately :P:P:P:P Well, AWESOME job!!!

18. Homemaker of the 21st Century replied:

What a beautiful quilt! I just “stumbled” across your site, but I’ll be back! Great stuff 🙂

19. mattie replied:

that is amazing.

AND you have a seven samurai poster, if you can yodel you might be my dream girl.

20. Sprite Stitch » Tetris quilt replied:

[…] its old news in many blogs but I had this awesome quilt [from rabbit style news] bookmarked and figured I should post it up in case some people had missed in when it made the […]

21. Tetrisjuttuja - Tetris Stuff « Appelsiinin tuoksua replied:

[…] Tetristilkkupeitto – Tetris Quilt via Rabbit Style News: Tetris quilt is done, for reals! […]

22. WEndy replied:

I just want to tell you that not only is this quilt an awesome idea, but I love that the long piece is about to drop down into the hole. Very satisfying to look at. 😉 I guess you can tell the Tetris addicts from way back from their response to this.

23. Jon K. replied:

You might want to make those pictures thumbnails and have them link to the originals. It’s crashin mah browzer!!!

24. Jezzy replied:

Gahh!! I wanted to do that! Someone made a tetris baby blanket and I thought I’d make it into a more sophisticated (tetris sophisticated) type of quilt…

But umm. I’m not big on sewing so if I copy you like the jackass I am, it’ll probably end up looking like a mangled lampshade anywho.

25. Rose Marie replied: