Baby quilt is coming along

I received recent pictures from the mother-to-be and was startled to see that she is, how do you say, ah yes, heavy with child.  She really is very much pregnant and due within a month.  It blew my mind, and I frantically went to work on the baby quilt.

With the addition of the final border, the quilt top will be fully pieced.  This Friday I will go to Joann to buy the backing — soft dinosaur fabric is the plan.

I like it.  I look forward to posting pictures here.

Advertisements

November 13, 2007. Words.

6 Comments

1. mom replied:

I will give away no secrets, but I think it looks fabulous 🙂

2. Michael Terry replied:

You know what I love about this blog? That it’s such a cinch.

3. admin replied:

I don’t even know what that means. The blog is a girth for a pack or saddle? A tight grip? A thing done with ease? A certainty to happen? (Those are the four noun options at m-w.com.)

4. Sarah replied:

That’s not just baby I’m heavy with. There’s a fair bit of cake in there too. Mmm…cake….

5. Michael Terry replied:

That’s a good point. I believe several of those apply. Mainly, I just don’t know what dinosaur fabric is, so I decided to go with a Calvin and Hobbes commenting strategy.

For further context and reference, please read A Separate Peace by John Knowles, my all-time favorite book. Then it will make sense. More importantly, just read it because it’s full of awesome.

6. admin replied:

Fabric with pictures of dinosaurs on it.